Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The New Casa

We have yet to do anything to the outside but plan to add some plants and such so it doesn't look just like every other house on the block.
This is our living room/dining room. Charlie and I (okay, mainly him) hung the chandelier to replace a hideous flourescent light. We need less bright bulbs though.
Another view of the living room
Our bedroom
The living room again
So that's it for all of you that were waiting patiently and not so patiently. I didn't take a pic of every room in the house, but those were the main rooms. You'll just have to come visit to see the rest! It's 3 beds and 2 1/2 bath so we have plenty of room for guests. Thanks tax payers! haha
Charlie is out in the field right now, and I'm continuing to get the house finished and looking for a job. Don't ask what I'm looking for b/c I don't know yet. :) It takes a while to get certified in teaching so I'm looking for something to do in the meantime. Any suggestions???

7 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

Hey Kelsey...it's so good to see new pics...and I am not one bit surprised that ya'lls house is absolutely adorable! You are so good at that! As for a job...I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure I would recommend being a nanny...unless they paid you TONS of money! I have no doubt you'll find something though! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey and Charlie,
Yes, now I know why we pay 30% of our income in taxes. HA! It looks great.
Aunt Ann

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Yall have done such a great job! Did you get to paint?? I love it! I want to visit!!

As for a job, I think CA needs some Southern Living! As you get more settled I think you should consider it! Youve really got a knack for home design.

What about subbing, tutoring, childcare, or something in retail--search San Diego on Monster.com

What about life guarding--haha just kidding!

As for what to avoid--restaurants and hospitals! trust me!

For now just enjoy getting settled! Tell Charlie we are thinking of him too!
luv
nicole hoff

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey and Charlie:

The house is soooo cute. It took me year to get that much stuff....

I can't wait so see y'all in October, it will be so much fun to explore a new place with y'all.

Just forget the job, this work stuff if over rated.....ha ha just kidding. The only nice thing is the pay check.

Aunt Sherry

Sarah said...

Love the house! Everything looks great. I guess we have a place to stay when we come visit since we basically pay for your house anyway, right??? I hope y'all are enjoying California.

Anonymous said...

Take Sherry's advice and stay home and enjoy it. Surely some of the other rooms need decorating and you won't have time to shop if you work.

Anonymous said...

I love everything!! It's Beautiful!!!!! I can't wait to see it Thanksgiving!! Hugs and Kisses to both of you!!! Love, Mom Cheryl