Monday, May 4, 2009

Hodge Podge of Events

It is unbelievable to think that Callie will be a month tomorrow! Now I know how parents freak out wondering where the years have gone. This month has really flown by. We have been on our own since Friday, and it has gone really well. Last week, we started taking some walks around the neighborhood with Grammy (Charlie's Mom) and Aunt Carrie because I was going stir-crazy. It helped for a few days, but by Saturday, a 30 minute walk wasn't cutting it so we ventured out to Chipotle. I didn't want to go anywhere where we would be in an enclosed building so we ate outside in the beautiful weather. Callie slept right through lunch and a quick stop for me to run into Walmart.

Yesterday, some of our friends, Daniel and Alinna, offered to make us dinner. We ended up having a delicious dinner at their house, and it was great to get out and hang out with friends. Callie did well, other than having to have two outfit changes due to dirty diapers. Thanks so much, Daniel and Alinna!
Daniel and Alinna came to meet Callie a couple weeks ago.
Callie tried out her "peanut shell" that Grandma made her.
Tummy Time!
Precious Baby Girl
Daddy fed Callie her first bottle. She took a little while to take it but then drank 4 oz.!
Grammy and Pappa meeting Callie.
I still have more pictures to upload from the last week but haven't done it yet so more pictures to come of Grammy and Aunt Carrie's stay!










2 comments:

Kandice Duke said...

Kelsey,

Congratulations on little Callie's arrival - she is absolutely beautiful! Your mom directed me to your blog, and I have loved catching up with you guys through your pictures and posts. What a little angel you have there - and yes, the time does fly! Enjoy!

Krystal Krenek said...

She is a little doll - and already so well accessorized! Congratulations to you both and the many blessings to come!

P.S. - You may want to look into turning your blog into a Blurb book down the road to have a handheld copy of the chronicles of her little life; I hear it's pretty easy to do. www.blurb.com