On May 1st, Charlie, Callie and I began our 1550 mile drive from Oceanside to Harlingen. We were hoping for the best and preparing for the worst, but fortunately for me and Charlie, Callie did amazing! We drove 600 miles the first day and ended up in Lordsburg, NM, then drove over 600 miles the second day and got to Kerrville. The last day we drove a little over 300 to Harlingen. Our goal was to have an easy last day, and I'm so glad we were able to do that. We were all so ready to be out of the car!
Callie is in her seat and ready for breakfast!
I promise we didn't bribe her with food the whooole time! She also enjoyed books, singing, toys, and dvds. We stopped every couple hours to stretch and change Callie's diaper. She could not have done any better!
Mommy and Callie somewhere in New Mexico
We had the hottest driver! Charlie did most of the driving, but I drove a leg or two everyday.
We were never more excited to get to Harlingen than on May 3rd! We had decided before we started the trip that we were going to enjoy our family time, no matter what it took, and, thanks to Callie, it didn't take much! I've been in Texas a couple weeks, and I already feel like it was definitely the right decision to move. Callie and I have already been blessed with lots of love and help from family and friends! Thanks, Charlie, for all your help in moving and spending part of your leave driving over 1500 miles!

0 comments:
Post a Comment