A few weeks ago I was reading a book, and Callie came up behind me, pointed to some of the letters in the author's name, and said them...correctly. I was blown away! Just to be sure I wasn't crazy, I pointed to the letters myself, and she did it again. I then got a piece of paper and pen and wrote a few more to really see how many she knew. I have to say I was pretty impressed.
She loves to draw on paper, and I usually test her on different letters while she is drawing. Over the last few weeks, she has been able to tell me the majority of the letters. It's crazy! Yesterday she named all the letters in "umbrellas" without 1 mistake. I know I'm totally bragging, but I also need to record this b/c I don't think I would even believe myself if I said she knew some letters at 18 1/2 months and most at 19 months, years down the road.
Unfortunately, I have to give the credit to her favorite show, "Super Why." I'm sure most of you know exactly what I'm talking about ;), but if you haven't heard of it, it is a show on PBS that teaches the alphabet and reading. I don't really see the appeal of it, but she loves "Why!"
The following video was taken a week or two ago:
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
ABC
Posted by Kelsey at 8:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment