Friday, June 1, 2012

Callie Funnies

I know it has been a long time since I've blogged and I was really trying to get back on track. It will happen soon, but for now I thought I'd share some funny things Callie has said or done lately. I've been keeping these in a note on my phone, and some of these things she already doesn't do anymore which is all more reason why I should be writing these down!
-Miss Callie can be a little dramatic at times. When she is a little upset at something we tell her, she sniffs like she's going to cry before responding.
-I have no idea where she heard any of these phrases but she frequently says, "you're the best!" and calls Macie "sweet pea." she also has made up some phrases and frequently used them for a time including "chicken tracks," "fogenfats," and "oh straps!" Who knows!
-while we were still in the middle of potty training, she didn't sit back far enough on the seat. After finishing her business and seeing the mess on the floor she said, "Oh my gosh! I tinkled all over the place!"
-one day we were playing in the park and a little boy who was probably 5 or 6 was guarding one of the slides that Callie wanted to go down. When he said, "you cannot enter my castle!" Callie responded, "you need to be nice!" I had never seen her stand up for herself like that, but her preschool teacher this year told me Callie was really good at sticking up for herself. It just made me laugh!
-one day Callie got up from rest time, walked into the living room and smelled dinner I had cooking in the crockpot, and said, "what's that stinky smell in my nose?!" I don't remember if she liked dinner or not.
-one rainy day Callie was playing with her fake phone and had a little conversation with Jesus that went like this "did the storm stop, Jesus? Oh good! Bye!"
-she is very fascinated with the stoplights while we are driving. One day I ran a yellow light and she caught the red light right before we passed under it and said, "Hey! Red isn't green!" Woops.
-As we were leaving town to head to Harlingen for spring break, she said, "mommy slow down! I can't even see anything!"
-After work one day Charlie was playing with the girls and he was blocking the entrance to Callie's room. He said in a deep voice, "what's the magic word?" Callie said, "Don't be mad, boy! I'm just trying to get in my room!"
-Callie came into the kitchen dancing with socks on her feet. She stopped and said, "I need to take my socks off. They're making me nervous!" Wonder where she's heard that one?!
-while I was cooking, I peaked my head in the living room to find Callie on her bathroom stool reaching for something on the entertainment center. I asked what she was doing and she responded, "I'm using my super strength to get this."
-I have been doing Insanity with some girlfriends this year. We rotate houses and our kids just play with each other and around us. It makes for interesting workouts sometimes, but the point of the story is that Callie was playing workout one day, and she told me, "I'm sorry. I can't deal with you right now. I'm working out.". I really don't think I've ever said this or at least I hope not!
-Callie is a really sweet big sister and let's a lot of things that Macie does roll off her back. She has been working on her somersaults. While Callie was in the middle of one, Macie thought it would be funny to push her over. Callie said, "Macie just knocked me over. That's gonna cost her a big hug!"
-Macie is fascinated with Callie's hair and plays with it sometimes. She got a little rough one time, and Callie said, "mommy! Macie is pulling my beautiful, golden hair!"
-the other day Callie was playing with the see & say and it asked her to find a certain animal sound which she had just found. She told it, "I already found that sound, boy!" I don't know where she learned to say "boy!" but it gives me a laugh every time she says it.

I apologize for all the grammatical errors but I wrote this on my phone. It's kind of a pain to edit. I'm sure I'll have more Callie funnies soon and before we know it Macie will be adding to the stories. In fact, the nursery director at church told me that a few Sunday's ago Macie was holding her baby and had her paci. She asked her if that was her baby. Macie took her paci out, said "mine!", and put it right back in her mouth. She is just as possessive of her baby as Callie is of hers, and she is talking so much and learning new words all the time!

1 comments:

Carrie & Alex said...

LOL. Those are so hilarious. I definitely need to keep better track of A's funny sayings. Good job documenting those Kelsey...I was rolling!