Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Update on the Girls (A Little Late)

Even though I was not a good blogger, I did write a few things down that I wanted to remember.  Macie turned 15 months at the end of March, and I jotted some notes down about her, not near as many as I should have.  None the less, here they are:

At 15 months, Macie:
- is walking/running everywhere she goes.  She is very independent and doesn't want to hold anyone's hand.
- is saying a few words like mommy, daddy, eye, shoe, night night, bye bye, eggs, Dora
- is a smart girl!  When I was reciting a book we read often (Pajama Time), she started saying, "Shh.." at the end before I even started saying it.  I thought that was pretty good!  We also listen to a  children's CD often in the car and before the song about a duck came on, she started quacking.  She knew that it was the next song.  These maybe don't sound that amazing, but I was pretty impressed at the time!

At the end of May, I took both girls for a well checkup.  I am so thankful for two healthy girls!  Here are their stats that were taken:

Callie at 3 years, 1 month:
weight: 32 lbs. 6.4 oz (63%)
height: 3'3.5" (91%)
BMI: 14.6 (17%)

Macie at 17 months:
weight: 24 lbs. (55%)
height: 2'9.25" (96%)

At 19 months, I wrote a few more notes down about Macie.  Again, I should have written down a lot more!

At 19 months, Macie:
-is a talker!  She understands almost everything we tell her and she is talking all the time.  A few phrases she says often are "I do it!"/"I did it!"/"What happened?" (usually when someone else starts crying)/"Yeah"/"I otaaay" (when she gets hurt) Like Callie, she does not like a lot of attention when she gets hurt.  She just likes to move on without a big fuss so she learned to start saying "I otaaay."
-learned how to count to 13.  Crazy, I know!  The funniest part is I don't really know where she learned it.  We read a number book often, but I didn't realize she had learned to count.  She doesn't have her numbers down yet but counting is a start!

0 comments: