Thursday, February 28, 2013

2 Months Old

On Saturday, Layne was 2 months old!  He is such a sweet, laidback baby, and we all just love him so much!  The first 2 months of his life have been a lot easier than I thought they would but only because he is such a good baby.  Don't get me wrong.  We have our hairy moments, but overall it has been a good transition. Our family feels complete now!

 
 
At 2 months, Layne:
-weighs 12lbs. 11oz. (65%) and measures 24.75" (>99%).  Shocker, huh?  I don't normally keep track of head size, but he has a large head that is 41.5cm (98%) so I thought I'd make a note of it.  I'm sure he'll grow into it. Ha!
-eats every 3 hours or so during the day and eats anywhere from 3 to 7 hours at night.  He is sleeping well in his swing so we have yet to make the transition to his bed.  I'm having a hard time getting motivated when he normally has a 6 or 7 hour stretch at night!
-likes his NUK paci, like his sister, Macie.  I'm hoping that will come in handy on our trip to Harlingen next week!
-is a very smily baby and will talk a lot when he gets going.  He is rarely fussy when he is awake which I am SO grateful for.
-has been wearing 3 to 6 months clothes for a few weeks now and just transitioned to size 2 diapers.
-still has a little baby acne and has cradle cap right now.  I've been washing his hair with Head N Shoulders to help that out.
-has several nicknames so we'll see which one sticks! Our favorite is Macie's name for him, "Bay-Layne" (Baby Layne), but others are Bubba, Bubs, Bubsy, Layners Bananers and Mister.
 
Here are a few pictures of our precious boy:

Looking too big in his chair!




"Really, Mom? More pictures?"


Layne never is lacking attention!

We love him so much!  We're cherishing every moment because we know he is growing so fast!

1 comments:

Karyn Hatch said...

He is too precious! So glad he's a happy baby! He looks so much like Charlie in that first picture!