| Layne was 4 months old on April 23rd. I can't believe next week he will be 5 months! Despite the sleep deprivation and the trying moments, time is flying by! |
| He looks so big just chillin'. |
| I could eat him up! |
At 4 months, Layne:
-is 15lbs. 7oz. (48%)
-is 2'3.25" tall. (99%)
-likes his jumparoo and will stay in there for about 20 or 30 minutes sometimes. It really helps while I'm cooking or trying to get things done around the house!
-is very content to lay on the floor for a while with a toy to stick in his mouth, but we have started to be careful about how much back time he gets because his head is a little flat in the back. We are hoping by keeping him off his back we can avoid getting a DOC band for him. He isn't that fond of tummy time for a long period of time because his precious big noggin is hard for him to hold up! We keep him upright by holding him, the bumbo chair and the jumparoo mostly, but still try to give him tummy time to strengthen his muscles. Life is hard at 4 months old! ;)
-has regressed in the sleeping department. I have no idea what is going on with him right now, but it needs to stop! ;) He has been waking up every 2-3 hours for the last week or so. It makes for one tired mama the next day. PTL for coffee! I'm thinking it might be a good time to transition him to a sleep sack since he's not sleeping well swaddled anyway. The only thing that is keeping me from doing it is that I don't think he'll be able to keep his paci in. He always like to play with it and can't get it back in his mouth. I might get brave and just try it! I'm always hesitant to make changes like that, but they usually are no big deal so we'll see!
-eats every 3-4 hours during the day and is on a Eat, Play, Sleep routine.
-is rolling from tummy to back well and has rolled back to tummy a couple of times.
-is very ticklish and laughs the most precious laugh. He is just a happy baby all around. He has even started laughing by things that I say to him which is even better than me tickling him. one thing that always gets him is when I say "I. Love. You. Sosososososo much!"

0 comments:
Post a Comment