Saturday, November 3, 2007

Friday Night at the Stockers

We wanted a nice, relaxing, low key evening of dinner and a fire on the beach, and that's what we got until we got home, when we found a snake in the planter. EEK! It wouldn't have been that big of a deal except for the fact that we both HATE snakes! It was a little California king snake, but it was long enough to freak me out. Okay, I'll be honest. It couldn't have been 5 inches long, and I would have given the same reaction. My brave husband overcame his fear and pulled it out with a hoe and the American flag garden decorator. Once the snake was out, he wasn't about to just sliver away. He was striking at us and shaking his tale. I know we should have just held it on the hoe and thrown it over the fence, but did I mention we hate snakes? Charlie had to chop it with the hoe. Poor little fellow, he chose the wrong house to find a bed for the night.







8 comments:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

Oh Kelsey! That is awful. I would be terrified too! My mom said that when I was a toddler, we had lots of garden snakes in our backyard ( I know, I know, they are the most friendly of all snakes, but its STILL a slimy, "scary" snake). But because of her deep love for me (and despite her huge fear of snakes), she would chop all of them in half! LOL! I know I would do the same for Jillian and Cambria too! :) I MISS YOU! Lauren

Anonymous said...

Love Charlie's face! I would have freaked out!

Anonymous said...

I am tired of seeing a nasty old snake. I want to see some pictures of your cute boy.

Charlie, you have to read this in your best gay voice and read what your wife wrote on Travis' blog.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha

I had a grass snake in my old garage and chopped him up soooooo much I had to scoop it up with the shovel to get it in the trash. I know how you feel.

Can y'all breath again out there yet?

Sherry

Anonymous said...

I need to read what Kelsey wrote on Travis' blog!

Anonymous said...

By the way, that is a big snake!

Nicole Hoff said...

EEEEEWWWWWWW! did u see what we found on our front porch too?
http://hoff.smugmug.com/gallery/3294751/7/182981180/Large

is that snake poisonous too? i didnt go outside for days after we found it! it almost bit kelly!

not fun!

Carrie & Alex said...

Charlie...Steve Irwin would be proud. He's probably happy you sent a snake to heaven to be with him.