Wednesday, September 9, 2009

5 Months Old







I don't know how its possible that Callie is already 5 months old. I'm cherishing each moment, but it seems to be going by so fast! There are so many things that she did as a newborn that she no longer does, and new sounds and movements all the time. She is such a happy baby. She melts my heart when she flashes her beautiful smile or laughs her sweet little giggle. There are so many things I'm looking forward to but so many things I already miss.

At 5 months, Callie:
-is almost 17 lbs. and about 27 inches.
-does not get startled by loud noises as much and doesn't give the lip even when she does.
-is not afraid of being held by a stranger anymore.
-is no longer being swaddled and adjusted fairly easily to the change.
-found her feet about a month ago and has been eating her toes for the last couple weeks.
-likes to rub her head. I have never seen a baby do this, but she does it quite often. She rubs the top of her head, back and forth, back and forth. It's so cute!
-is a tall baby and is already wearing 6-9 months sleepers!
-doesn't love to be in her car seat, unless we are moving. It gets tricky with stoplights!
-has started to grab my shirt and dive into my chest when she is hungry.
-is still waking up at night once or twice. We'll be working on that soon, but for now I just cherish that quiet time with her. (I don't cherish it as much when it's more than twice in a 12 hour period. :) )

Charlie and I feel so blessed to have a sweet, happy baby. We love her with all our hearts!

2 comments:

Nicole Hoff said...

shes so precious. youre such a good mommy! thinking of yall!

Carrie & Alex said...

Who has kidnapped my baby niece and left such a big girl? I LOVE the one on her tummy, laughing with her arms overlapped! She is 100% Kelsey in the face...lucky girl!