Saturday, September 5, 2009

We Heart Texas

While Charlie went to Mongolia, he allowed me and Callie to take a trip to Texas, which I was very grateful for. I flew directly to Harlingen because I didn't want to make the 6 hour drive from Houston so unfortunately we didn't get to see everyone we would have liked, but a few Houstonians did come see us. :)

Karyn and Presley were in Harlingen too so Callie and Presley got to meet. Callie is 7 weeks older than Presley. I know soon they will have so much fun playing together!
(I don't know why this picture is sideways.)
Grandpa's specialty is taking the kids outside. They love it and also LOVE Grandpa! Travis' family is staying with my parents while they renovate their new house so we had fun with them. I think Tyler and Cooper cured Callie of getting startled by loud noises! They are so precious!

I was so excited Ross, Kim, and Shelby came down one weekend. Shelby and Callie are about a year and a half apart so I can't wait to watch them become friends as they get older.


Big Daddy, Gramma Susie, and Ariel flew down in Mike's plane for the day. I felt bad that we weren't going to Houston so I was so glad they decided to fly down to see us. It was a short trip, but it was really good to see them!

Big Daddy with his first and only (so far) granddaughter


Just Us Girls

Tyler and Cooper were so sweet with Callie the entire visit. When she was down for a nap, they would always ask, "Where's Callie?" Cooper wanted to hold Callie a couple of times. For a couple of energetic boys, they were very gentle around her.

Callie enjoyed her nightly baths with Grandma!

Callie has never minded her baths, but I think now she is really starting to love them.

Great multitasking, Grandma!
Besides seeing my family, I always look forward to seeing one of my best and longest friends, Nicole, when I go to Harlingen. She is a doula, lactation consultant, and a midwife apprentice so she has answered many questions that I've had in the last 5 months.

Nicole had just finished doing rounds with her midwife so she had her equipment in her car. She uses a fish scale and material with a ring to weigh the babies so Callie got to try.
On August 27, Callie weighed 16 lbs. 9 oz.
I never take as many pictures as I like, but at least I got some. We can't wait to be in Texas again for Christmas!

1 comments:

Nicole Hoff said...

aw i love the pics of your dad with the kids--too sweet! your mom is adorable multi-tasking and bathing her too--love it! yay i made the blog ;) youre too sweet. im just glad i could help in any way--but youre pretty much a pro and didnt need any advice from me! i love that we got to see each other and that i got to cuddle callie. i miss yall so much!