**Updated with Pictures**
Another month has flown by! Callie is 8 months old! It has been a very fun month in Florida with the Hortons, but we definitely miss Daddy. Callie has been more entertained this month than she ever has in her life. Both Cade and Bailey LOVE her, and she thinks they're pretty funny. Cade loves to play peek-a-boo and just talk to her to get a smile, while Bailey is stuck like glue on her! Bailey probably asks me 10 times each nap when Callie is going to wake up. She wants to do nothing but play with Callie when she is awake. It's so precious! I'm very curious to know how much she has grown because she just seems longer. She is on track, wearing 6-9 month clothes. Length wise they are getting shorter, but they're still falling off her waste.
At 8 months, Callie:
-is eating well now. She really likes sweet potatoes, bananas, pears, whole wheat cereal, and green beans. She was not a fan when she tried winter squash. I have been making a lot of her food. It's really easy, and it tastes a lot better than the jarred food. I can actually taste it and not gag!
-has been sleeping 8 to 11.5 hours this week. I'm not going to be surprised if she gets thrown off when we leave on Tuesday, but we'll fix it when we go home at the end of the month. Oddly, I think a very small part of me is going to miss the mid-night feedings because they are so peaceful. During the day, Callie is so active and curious that even while she is eating she is not still, but at night she lays there peacefully and then lays her head on my shoulder while I burp her and just revel in her sweetness for a few minutes. Don't get me wrong...I will be excited, but a tiny part of me will miss it.
-is still low-crawling around. When she sees something she really wants, she can move pretty quickly. Usually, it is something she can't have! She is pulling her knees under her a little more but hasn't gotten into the crawling position yet.
-is still very curious and always gets comments on her big blue eyes. She really can stare someone down when they talk to her.
-has, just in the last few days, started clapping. She's not clapping for anything yet, but I'm sure it won't be long!
-has been crowned the "Queen of Cuteness" by her cousin, Bailey! I agree. :)
I can't believe 2/3 of her first year has so quickly gone by. I love this little girl more than I ever thought possible! We are having the best time watching Callie grow and learn.





0 comments:
Post a Comment