Last Wednesday Macie was 6 months old. I cannot believe half of her first year is over! She is such a joy and such a sweet, easy-going baby. We have all enjoyed our littlest bit so much. I can't wait to watch our girls become friends as they get a little older.
At 6 months, Macie:
-weighs 13lbs. 11oz. which puts her at about the 20th percentile.
-measures 26 3/4" which means she is in the 90th percentile for height. Long and lean!
-just this week, has tried her first foods. I gave her carrots first, but she wouldn't have anything to do with them. I then tried oatmeal, then oatmeal with jarred bananas, but she finally ate a little when I gave her a food processed fresh banana mixed with a little water. She also really likes pears. I frustrated myself to no end with getting Callie to eat veggies first, and I wasn't going to do that again! We'll try veggies again soon. The pediatrician said she definitely needed to start eating solids b/c of her weight. Not that it matters, but Macie is about 2 1/2 lbs. less than Callie was at 6 months. She is also an inch shorter, though.
-scrutches up her nose when she shoots a quick smile. It is so funny! It looks like she's thinking "you're cute!"
-is still waking up once or twice a night, and unfortunately, her dr. said she still needs to be fed since she's a skinny winny. Once she gets the hang of solid food, we will be working on sleeping through the night! She is the easiest baby to put to sleep though. When she starts acting tired, we just lay her in her bed with her paci and her baby lovey. Ususally, she goes right to sleep, but sometimes we have to put her paci back in once or twice before she falls asleep. I don't know how I would do it if I had to rock her or feed her to sleep with Callie always around! Callie is really good about sitting at the door quietly waiting, but I don't how patient she would be if it took longer than a minute or two to put Macie down. I can say that at this point I have a lot more love than hate for the paci! :)
-can sit up for a short period if nothing is distracting her, but she's still a little ways away from what I would consider sitting on her own.
-still is a great car rider. I am so thankful especially with the change in the carseat recommendations!
-rolls all over the place. I am really going to have to start "baby proofing" the house soon. I don't know if I'm ready for this. I like my immobile baby, but I'm also looking forward to all the new milestones that she will get to before we know it!
We are so blessed with Macie! We love her so much and can't wait to watch her grow into a precious little girl!
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]() |
My big girl sitting all by herself!
|
![]() |
| Sisterly Love |
![]() |
Just for fun!
My two beauties! |
0 comments:
Post a Comment