I have been such a bad blogger this month, but we went to Harlingen to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa and the rest of the fam down there, while Charlie was at a training course in San Diego. I have no idea how I'm already writing another month's update! Macie is such a sweet girl, but she's got a little feisty-ness in her too. She is happy and smiley 95% of the time, but when she's not happy you know it because of her grunts and moans! I'm afraid she might have a quick tempor. Hopefully, I'm wrong, though! She has learned some new things this month, and we are having so much fun with her!
At 7 months, Macie:
-is sitting up! I would say she officially started sitting up on her own on July 31st, two days after she turned 7 months. She will sit and play with her "sit and play" toy for a while by herself before she tumbles over. It's great!
-is eating pretty well recently. She had a hard time getting the tongue motion down and is still working on it but is doing much better with keeping her food in her mouth. She has tried several types of food, liking some but others not so much. After the first bite of almost everything, she shutters like it's so gross but then will continue eating it. It's hilarious! I would say her favorites so far are apples, peaches, pears, peas, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Oh and vegetable risotto with cheese...go figure!
-can roll and inch around to where she wants to go slowly. She is pretty content playing on the floor by herself for a little while, but it's usually better if I'm not in view. I think she's gonna be a little bit of a momma's girl, although she likes other people and will smile and go to pretty much anyone. I'm grateful for that!
-is sleeping pretty well, not bad but not great. She usually wakes up once, maybe twice, a night. She is such a skinny winny that after 6 to 8 hours of sleep, I still feel like she might be hungry. It's when she wakes up just 3 or 4 hours after eating that I'm not happy about it. Now that she is getting the eating thing down, she might start sleeping better on her own. Last night she slept from 9:15 to 5:30, ate then slept til 9:30 which I was very pleased with! I have to say that she is the EASIEST baby to put to sleep though! When I see she is tired, I give her her paci, lay her in bed and giver her her baby. 99% of the time I don't hear a peep from her! She is a great napper, still usually napping 3 times a day. One short nap and 2 longer naps.
-babbles a lot! She can get really loud too! She also sticks her tongue out, really pointed and makes noise.
-likes to clap. Doesn't do it on demand very often, but it is precious!
| *Clap Clap Clap* |
| Here's my big girl sitting up! |
| Callie was "reading" the story to Macie. "Once upon a time..." |
| LOVE the expression on Macie's face! "Can I get some help, Mom?!?" |

2 comments:
She really resembles Callie in so many of these pictures. I didn't think they looked alike when Macie was a baby, but she is proving me wrong. Can't wait to come visit soon!!
What a doll baby!!!
Post a Comment