Katie came to visit from Thursday to Sunday, and we packed in the fun! Friday morning, while Charlie was at work, we drove up to Mount Vernon. We had a great time walking around Washington's property and through his house. I was excited to go b/c I had not been yet. When we left Mt. Vernon, we took the beautiful drive that follows the Potomac river to Old Town Alexandria. We walked around the harbor w/ our ice cream then decided we were ready to go home. Friday night we played some 42 w/ one of Charlie's Texas buddies b/c apparently nobody outside of Texas knows how to play.
Saturday, Charlie showed Katie around the base while I went to a meeting at work. I met up with them afterwards at the Marine Corp Museum. This was my fourth visit, but I was glad to go. I see new things everytime. It really is impressive!
Saturday night we went to dinner with one of Katie's good friends from college who now lives up here with his wife. We went back to Old Town to a really cute Cuban restaurant. After dinner, we met up with our 42 partner at a "country" club, where we got in a few 2-steps but mostly watched the line-dancers. haha
Sunday Katie and I ventured into DC, but I'll have to post those pictures later when I get them from Katie. I had a blast and enjoyed every minute of the visit!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Pack in the Fun
Posted by Kelsey at 7:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm jealous! It looked like y'all had much better weather than when we were there. Oh well!
Oh Kelsey! It looks like you had so much fun with Katie while she was visiting. I wish we were still in Maryland, so we could go to see all the DC sights TOGETHER ! But I am trusting that this is ALL a part of God's perfect plan for the both of us! I am certain that someday soon we will meet again. :)
so glad yall had a good time and good weather! great blog and pics! n.hoff
Post a Comment