Ok, with this blog site I have decided that I will provide more interesting topics to male friends and family to include pictures/commentary on any animals I should kill or cool Marine Corps things. So, to that end, I have posted various pictures of cool events that I have been a part of since January at The Basic School.
The Basic School is in Quantico, VA and it is where all Marine Officers must go before they are assigned an MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) or go to flight school. All Marines, male and female, ground and flight contract, must complete the course to enter the Fleet Marine Force. We learn a lot of different things all related to being an infantry rifle platoon commander. So far some of the things we have completed are the Rifle Range, earning our tan belts Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, going in gas chamber (not fun), platoon and squad live fires (a lot of fun), helicopterborne inserts and extracts, Artillery firing and how to call for fires, Platoon offensive tactics (attacking the enemy), Platoon defensive tactics (digging holes all day to fight the enemy should he attack me) and patrolling operations. These are a few of the major things we have done.
I have had some long days and longer nights (sleeping in the field with temperatures in the 20's), but it has been a blast. Kelsey is very supportive of my busy schedule, helps me a lot, and doesn't complain when I work 18 hour days. We have had some great trips around the area and look forward to more now that the weather has warmed up. Carrie and Marc (my sister and brother-in-law) live here too, as well as Karen and Steve Hatch so we are not alone, as far as family.
More blogs to follow and definitely more pictures.
The Basic School is in Quantico, VA and it is where all Marine Officers must go before they are assigned an MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) or go to flight school. All Marines, male and female, ground and flight contract, must complete the course to enter the Fleet Marine Force. We learn a lot of different things all related to being an infantry rifle platoon commander. So far some of the things we have completed are the Rifle Range, earning our tan belts Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, going in gas chamber (not fun), platoon and squad live fires (a lot of fun), helicopterborne inserts and extracts, Artillery firing and how to call for fires, Platoon offensive tactics (attacking the enemy), Platoon defensive tactics (digging holes all day to fight the enemy should he attack me) and patrolling operations. These are a few of the major things we have done.
I have had some long days and longer nights (sleeping in the field with temperatures in the 20's), but it has been a blast. Kelsey is very supportive of my busy schedule, helps me a lot, and doesn't complain when I work 18 hour days. We have had some great trips around the area and look forward to more now that the weather has warmed up. Carrie and Marc (my sister and brother-in-law) live here too, as well as Karen and Steve Hatch so we are not alone, as far as family.
More blogs to follow and definitely more pictures.


1 comments:
Cool pics and info. charlie! Thanks
Nicole Hoff
Post a Comment