Wednesday, April 22, 2009

2 weeks old!

Well, I'm finally back from my hiatus from blogging. Charlie did a great job helping out while I was taking my break. I can't imagine the hate mail we would have received if he had not posted. Thanks, Honey!

Callie turned 2 weeks old last night at 6:33 p.m. These last 2 weeks have been a wonderful blur. Days just run together, and I'm getting used to just taking naps and never actually sleeping. I can't complain, though. She has been doing an amazing job with eating and sleeping. She seems to have her days and nights straight, often sleeping 4 hour stints at night. I try to feed her more during the day so she's full and ready to sleep at night. Of course, having Grandma here has been a HUGE blessing, and I know I'm not going to get the full affect until she leaves. She has been putting her back to sleep after I feed her, and this allows me an extra 30 minutes to an hour of sleep after each feeding. I will be napping a lot more during the day once she leaves, but that's what motherhood is all about. I love it, and Callie is so much more than worth it!!

On Monday, we took Callie for her 2 week checkup, and everything looks great! She weighed 9 lbs. 8 oz., which is almost a pound over her birth weight, and measured 22 1/2 inches. Way to grow, Callie! That put her at 98% for height and 88% for weight. It's not really a surprise but still fun to know.
We took these pictures below on Sunday, 19th.
2 weeks old
Thanks, Aunt Carrie, for the adorable socks!
Thanks, Nicole, for the precious tutu you made!

She loves her Grandma! It's probably gas but unbelievably cute, none the less!
another sweet smile

5 comments:

beau's mommy said...

She's absolutely beautiful Kelsey! So happy for y'all and thank you so much for posting everything! Looking forward to more pictures!

Carrie & Alex said...

Callie looks like a little angel sleeping in her tutu...love the socks, too! I can't wait to see you guys next week!

Kim and Ross said...

She is SO cute and I am glad she is sleeping well at night. Thanks for blogging and keeping us posted. I would have been the first to send hate mail Charlie's way had he not posted pictures for us!!!

Nicole Hoff said...

sending kisses to your cute callie!

ALINNA said...

glad to read your blogs again.. but charlie did do a great job. :)

she is so sweet and i can't believe (as i sure you can't) that she's already WEEKS old!

what a beautiful girl. still proud of you guys and can't wait for you to meet our little addition to the world! :)