Thursday, November 12, 2009

7 Months Old

Last Saturday, the 7th, Callie turned 7 months old, and this slacker mom is just getting around to blogging about it. Also, (Don't hate me.), there will be no pictures in this blog because yesterday Callie and I flew to Florida to visit the Hortons so I don't have access to my pictures, but let me tell you, Callie is cuter than ever! She is so much fun and constantly makes me laugh with the faces she makes. I know I say this every month, but it is seriously unbelievable how fast time is going by. She is less than 5 months away from being a 1 year old. What in the world?!? Charlie and I are enjoying every minute we spend with her; well, maybe not when she's upset and not wanting to go to sleep. :) Even then, there is nothing in the world I would rather be doing than being a mommy to my sweet little girl! She is such an amazing gift! I love her to pieces!!!

At 7 months, Callie:
-is quite good at low-crawling around the room. I look away from her for a few seconds, and she is on the other side of the room with her "target" in her mouth.
-is still stretching out. She didn't have a well checkup this month so I don't know her height, but she is definitely getting longer. As for her weight, it has tapered off a little. She still is very healthy, but she is long and lean. Hmmm, wonder where she got that from?
-likes our walks and jogs around the neighborhood. She is very mellow and usually leans to one side of the stroller and "chills."
-makes the funniest face. I don't even know how to describe it. It kind of is like she is just doesn't know what to think. I will try to capture it soon before she stops doing it. It cracks me up every time.
-is also a very smily baby...most of the time. She either smiles constantly when other people are around, or she is very somber and you can't buy a smile from her.
-doing much better with baby food, but there are definitely things she is not fond of, like peas, carrots, and avocado (Is she really my child?). I think it's just going to take a few tries, but she does like her oatmeal and bananas (her favorite, I think).
-is still not sleeping through the night. I think it's because she does not want to take too much "playtime" to nurse. She just isn't that interested for very long so we haven't "made" her sleep through the night yet, but soon after this trip we will come up with a solution. At this point, it's kind of funny because I actually sleep worse when she sleeps longer because I lay in bed thinking she will be up any minute. I don't what I'm going to do with myself when I get to sleep all night again!
-says, "Mamamama" and something that sounds like, "Mum." I rub it in Charlie's face just a little because I know what would have happened if it would have been "Dadada." :)

Speaking of sleep, I better go get some. I am still on west coast time, but it is 11:30 here so I better try to help my body adjust. I will post about our long day of travel soon. Callie was an AMAZING traveler. I'll just say our we got to the airport at 9:30am and landed in FL at 9:50pm, and not one tear was shed...from either of us! :)

Callie is the sweetest little girl, and Charlie and I are so much in love with her!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yea! I'm glad to hear that Callie was a great traveler! I look forward to pictures of the beautiful girl. :)

Karyn Hatch said...

Presley is not wanting to take away from "playtime" during the day to nurse either! It's driving me nuts! I'm glad she was a good traveler for you...that's a LONG day! You guys have fun in FL!!!

Nicole Hoff said...

nope no way she is 7 months! thats too crazy! i think 7mo-1 yr is one of my fav parts of babyhood. enjoy it! i know you will! and yes, boo on the no pics! ;)

whoohoo on the super traveler! yall enjoy your trip!