Thursday, August 12, 2010

Half Way There

These were taken at about 19 weeks.
No, I am not wearing white tights.  I'm just that pasty!

I can't believe I'm already half way to my due date!  This pregnancy has gone by a lot faster than last time with Callie.  I'm feeling pretty good for the most part but still feeling really tired a lot of the time.  I guess keeping up with a 1 year old will do that to you, pregnant or not.  All I can say is thank the Lord for my parents!  I would be beyond exhausted if it weren't for them!
I feel a little guilty because the "2nd child syndrome" has already begun.  With Callie, I did regular belly updates, and I think these are my first belly pics for #2.  It's a little different though; the novelty of the growing belly is just not the same.  I promise I will be better when our baby girl is actually here. 


                                     

We are almost to the half way point of Charlie's deployment, too!  He is doing well and is sweltering in Kuwait right now.  The temperature during the day reaches 130s-140s.  It's a dry heat, but at that temp, it doesn't matter.  It's just darn hot!  Ironically, he is really enjoying his time there and is glad to be off the ship.  The picture above was taken right after a mech attack.  Apparently, it was successful, given the burning buildings in the background.  I'm sure the Kuwaitis weren't too thrilled about that.  Other than missing Callie and me (of course!), he is doing great! :)  We can't wait for him to come home to us, though!  Four months and counting!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Yea!! I love the belly pics. I guess Charlie won't have any problems with pasty skin after spending the summer in 130 degree weather.