Charlie and I need help choosing a name for our new baby girl!
With Callie, we had a name chosen even before we knew she was a girl, but this time it has been a little harder. Of course, we were able to agree on a boy name but not a girl name before Charlie left. Since then, we have been able to narrow it down to two names that we both like a lot. The problem is I like one name a little more and Charlie likes the other name a little more. Although I'm not a huge fan of asking other people's opinions about baby names (solely for fact that usually you hear negative comments along with the positive), we have decided that this is the best way to finalize the name.
Our two choices are Macie and Meredith. Please leave your opinion in the comments, if you have one...a positive one. :) If you don't care for either, please refrain from saying so because most likely one of these names will be our daughter's. We are set on the spellings, and don't plan on having a nickname for either. We're hoping y'all can help us make our decision!
Another thing worth mentioning is that her middle name will probably be Jane in honor of Charlie's paternal grandmother. Callie's middle name, Dianne, is in honor of my mom, and we wanted to honor someone in Charlie's family by sharing a middle name. We like how both Macie Jane and Meredith Jane sound. Please help!! :)
Thursday, August 12, 2010
What's in a Name
Posted by Kelsey at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I think I am going to go with Meredith. I had a little girl at Kidsgames this year named Meredith, and she was a sweety. I also think it sounds better with Callie....not that you should base the decision off of that though. LOL
Natalie
Oh wow... both good names. Really, I like them both. I've never heard Macie before, so I like that it is unique; however if she is named Meredith you are more likely to find personalized items for her (something my son will never have - ha!). Good luck!
I really like both names alot and dont think you could go wrong. Although Jason says ya'll could have picked Fonekwa or AxleRod and I would have thought it was cute bc I love yall so much. haha So I asked him to be the Mayeaux voice and break the tie and Jason votes Macie. :) I think Macie Stocker sounds precious so that is our vote.
You know my vote but ill put my reasons down on "paper" because I know youre turning your blog into a book. ;) Plus i gotta try to sway Charlie my way right!?
So I totally love BOTH names but if I had to pick one, and i do, LOL, i choose Macie.
-Love the flow of Macie Stocker, its the Sss sounds.
-Love how it looks & sounds with Charlie, Kelsey, Callie & Macie, just flows so nicely
-I could so see the girls sharing a room with "Callie & Macie" in painted letters on the wall
-love that it is short & catchy and cant be nicknamed.
-love that its not common & i dont know any macies!
-This may win charlie over...i looked it up and on some sites they say Macie means "Weapon", so there, not too cutesy!! ;)
-And I LOVE Macie Jane :) just makes me smile!
Just to complicate it... Matt votes Macie but the kids vote Meredith! LOL
Both names REALLY ARE BEAUTIFUL so im glad youve got 2 sweet names for us to vote on!
Cant wait to meet her!
My vote is Macie too. Although I LOVE the name Meredith...it's very classic to me...I feel like Macie goes really well with Callie and I absolutely love Macie Jane, and the ring that has to it. It's precious!
I like Macie, 100%.
Clint and I vote Merideth!
I was apparently not asked my opinion before it was given... or I just forgot she ask and have since changed my mind.... :) I really like Macie Jane! Sorry Charlie!
Well, since I was the one who threw the name Macie out, you know it is the one that I pick!! It is also perfect since I picked your name when I was 5!! Can't wait to meet Miss M (whatever ya'll choose). Love, Aunt Kristi
aww i didnt know krisit named you, kelsey! that is too cute!! and kristi, you have great taste in names ;)
I vote Maci. Its different. Although Meredith is pretty to, it's very traditional. Tough choice! Good luck
Tom-Meredith, Mallory-Maci, Darla-both! haha
I can't believe I missed the opportunity to vote on your 2nd daughter's name!!! But the good news is I would have chosen Macie too. :-) Picking names is hard to do. I am glad that you have that behind you now. I know someday soon we'll get to talk! Miss you.
Post a Comment