Saturday, April 2, 2011

3 Months Old

Tuesday came and went, and I never got around to writing Macie's "3 Month" post because we were busy closing on our house!!!  That's a whole other post that I will get to soon but back to my baby girl.  Macie is growing so fast and is quickly turning into a little baby and not a newborn (if that makes sense).  Just in the last couple of weeks, her look has really changed.  She is so much more aware and is constantly smiling and talking.  She loves it especially when Big Sister talks to her and gives her special attention, except when she gets a little too close and lays on top of her. :)  Macie is very laidback and very easily pleased.  Tomorrow she has her 2 month check-up. Woops, a little late!  I'm excited to see how much she has grown but not excited about the shots.  I might have bitten off more than I can chew because Callie will be having her 2 year check-up at the same time with shots and all.  I didn't want to have to go back in a week though so we'll suffer through tomorrow.  Callie usually does really well with shots so hopefully it won't be too bad.  Back to my sweet Littlest Bit.

At 3 months, Macie:
-weighs 12 lbs which puts her in the 25th percentile.
-measures 26" which puts her in the 98th percentile.
-is rolling to her side from her back.  She rolled all the way over 1 time, but I think it was a fluke.
-does pretty well with tummy time and is holding her head up well, but like most babies, she doesn't like it for very long.
-still likes her paci most of the time.  She doesn't really want it unless she is tired and ready to go to sleep.  I still have a love/hate relationship with it, but for now, I think I'm loving a little more than hating.  It allows me to put her in bed when she is sleepy but still awake, instead of rocking her to sleep.  Sometimes I have to go back in once or twice to pop the paci back in, but I don't know what I would do with Callie if I had to rock Macie to sleep every naptime.  Sometimes during the midnight feeding, I linger just a little longer than needed in the rocker just to soak up her sweet cuddles because I know it won't last forever.
-is sleeping so well!  She has grown leaps and bounds in this department from her 2 month update.  Last night for example, she slept from 9pm to 5am, and after being fed and changed, she slept until 9. This was a really good night, but typically she only wakes up once or maybe twice a night and will go right back to sleep after being fed and changed.  Thank you, Lord Jesus!
-eats every few hours during the day.


Thanks for the precious feather bow, Aunt Cissy!









Every day I love her more and more!  She is such a sweet, beautiful baby!

0 comments: