Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Harlingen in July

We were able to spend 3 weeks in Harlingen in July while Charlie was at a training course in San Diego.  I have to say the one bad thing about living in Texas is that we do a lot of quick weekend trips to see family instead of extended trips that we had when we lived in California (well, and the weather) so it was nice to spend a good amount of time down there. 
I was so excited to have compnay on my trip down there!  My mom flew up with Maddie Grace the day before after watching her for a week so we met Kristi in Hempstead to pick Mom up for the trip to Harlingen.




We made it to Harlingen with one stop to Dairy Queen.
The girls were both amazing!
The first week Callie got to have a lot of cousin time with Shelby, Tyler, Cooper, and Claire.  I would say this was the first time she really played with them instead of playing alone next to them.  She's growin' up! ;)
These precious cousins played so well together!

All the kids piled in the pool with Uncle Ross and Grandma in the backyard.

The girls getting primped.

Love her little pigtails!

This is the life! :)

We also were there for Cooper's 4th Birthday and pirate party.  Sarah did a great job with the cake and games, and the kids and the men also swam.  Callie had fun with Grandpa in the pool!
Callie, Grandpa & the Birthday Boy

Sarah planned a treasure hunt for all the little pirates!
Callie wore the patch for about three seconds, but at least I got a cute picture!

Callie got her second haircut from Grandma.  The mullet is no longer!  I had Grandma cut it pretty short to make sure it was totally gone. :)

Callie did well and stayed still,...

but we gave her Teddy Grahams to make sure!

She still has her curls!!
The second week our big project was to to sew Callie's "big girl" room.  I can proudly say that I sewed a lot of it, of course with major guidance from my mom.  She did the tough stuff that I was scared of though! :)  Even though it is very tedious and meticulous, I really enjoyed doing it, especially with Mom!  I'm excited to put it all together in Callie's room, but not so excited that I'm ready for her to be out of her crib so it will wait.  The curtains are up and I rigged the bedskirt to fit the crib.  I'll take pictures soon, once I get the rest of the room together.  Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures of the process.
The girls had a lot of down time while we were sewing.  Grandma watched the girls mostly while I tried to keep getting things accomplished.  We sewed curtain panels and valance, a bedskirt, a king size and decorative pillow, and a duvet for the end of the bed.  Here's what the girls were up to:
Callie didn't seem to be too bothered by this.


Sweet Smile

Just a little sisterly love!

Great Expressions

Strong little girl.

Grandma & Some of her Girls

Silly Goose

"Helping" Grandma water the yard...


and with dinner.



Macie had a lot of "spa" baths while at Grandma's.

Relax, girl!


I could just eat her up, especially right after a bath!

We also got to play with Grandpa when he wasn't picking cotton.  It is his busiest time of the year, but he got as soon as he could to see us (I threw myself in with the "us", but I know how it is! JK, Dad!)
We got to spend lots of time with Tyler, Cooper and Claire, too!

Grandpa & Grandma with only half of the grandkids!


We had to get a picture of the beautiful cotton on their land.


These monkeys always have a "barrow" of fun with Grandpa! (Sorry, I am a sucker for cheesy jokes!)

We also got to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday the night before we came home.

My beautiful mom on her 60th birthday!

2 comments:

Katie said...

So glad you are blogging again. Your girls are precious and you are getting so skinny!! I really want to come see you in September if it works for ya'lls schedule. Call me so we can plan a weekend. I miss ya'll!!

Tiffany said...

Family time is awesome. :) I'm not ready for Mathew to get out of the crib yet, either. We're seriously thinking of getting a crib tent if/when he tries to climb out of the crib himself. :)