-Callie has made up a few words that I have no idea where she got them. She says them a lot though. Her main go-to words are "jenny homa homa" and "dubby dub." They can be nouns, verbs or adjectives. For a week or two, she changed "dubby dub" into "dumb dumb" and I had to put a stop to that even though she didn't know what she was saying. I didn't want her to go to school and call a friend "dumb dumb" like she did me. She told me, "I want some milk, dumb dumb." I had to stifle my laugh while explaining why it wasn't nice to say.
| Daddy started this snack time on the refridgerator. Luckily it only lasted a week or so. It made me nervous! |
-The funniest thing is when kids pick up on phrases that are commonly used. I apparently say, "I mean" and "or something" a lot because she says these all the time. "I want some orange juice or something." It's not that funny written down, but it's cute when she says them.
-She has also started saying, "That's not your job. That's my job." I've said that a time or two, usually when Callie is disciplining Macie.
-Speaking of discipling Macie, I was in the kitchen while the girls were playing in the living room. Callie walked in and asked, "Can you give me the spanking spoon?" I asked why she needed the spoon, and she said, "I was trying to sleep and Macie keeps waking me up!"
-While we were playing one day, she was wearing a little apron with a pocket. She was stuffing the pocket and it was sagging so she asked me to tighten it. After I tied it tighter, she said, "Good as new!"
-One day she followed me into the bathroom and while I was going potty, she said, "I'm so proud of you!"
-She calls the muffin liners "diapers." :)
-One night Charlie and I were having a conversation and we were going backing and forth on what I had just said. The end of the conversation went like this:
Charlie: "No, that's not what you said."
Me: "Yes, I did."
Charlie: "No, you didn't."
Me: "Yes, I did."
Callie piped in, right on cue, "You did, Mommy."
That's my girl!
-Callie learned how to crawl in and out of her bed a month or so ago. A few days later, we were playing in her room, and as she was perched on top of the bed, she whispered just audibly, "This is gonna be so much fun." Charlie and I just died laughing!
I'm sure I'm missing the majority of the funny things she says, but I'm trying to keep track of them so I can blog them. I know we're going to look back at these blogs in 10 or 15 years and get a good laugh!

3 comments:
So glad you are catching on your blog. These are such cute posts. Can't wait to see ya'll NEXT WEEK!! Woohoo!!
So cute!
cracking up!!! love it!!
Post a Comment