Friday, August 7, 2009

4 Months Old





I almost got the lip several times, just from clicking the camera.






Our sweet Baby Girl is growing so fast! I cannot believe she is already 4 months old. She has grown and changed so quickly; sometimes I just want to her life to go in slowmotion so I can really enjoy every minute. (Well, maybe not at 3 a.m.) She has learned so much this month, and her personality is definitely coming out more and more each day.


At 4 months, Callie:
-is doing a little better at night, sleeping and average of 4 to 5 hours at a time. I know this is a "bad" night for some babies, but these nights make me happy! When we get back from Texas, Callie is going to go through Baby Whisperer boot camp. :) Can't wait til it's over!
-is now eating every 4 hours, give or take a few minutes. She adjusted pretty well from 3 to 4 hours.
-is now reaching for and grasping toys that we put in front of her. She is especially fond of her primary colored cow that crinkles.
-really likes her jumparoo and will stay in there for 20 to 30 minutes, happily, which makes Mom and Dad happy. She usually watches Mommy eat lunch from there, but I can't make any sudden movements or she startles and gives the lip. :) The other day I got the lip for about 15 seconds, until I assured her that everything was okay. Of course, I'm laughing as I'm reassuring her; that lip cracks me up every time!
-rolled from her back to her front 2 weeks ago and just today, rolled from her front to her back!
-grunts when she is tired or wants attention. It's really funny!
-laughed for the first time on July 11th, when I wiped her mouth with a burp cloth. Charlie and I both got to hear it!
-smiles the best smile before we pick her up out of her crib.
-loves when Mommy sings "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," You Are My Sunshine," and "This Little Light of Mine," despite my singing skills or lack there of. She loves the hand motions, especially "Hide it under a bushel. No!" On Tuesday, I got to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to her while she was getting checked at the Dr. I'm sure her dr. enjoyed it as much as Callie did. :)

She is the most precious gift, and I'm so thankful that God gave her to Charlie and I! We love her more than life!

0 comments: