Sunday, February 7, 2010

10 Months Old

"Are we already taking chair pictures again?"

Another monthly update already! Before I know it, I will be planning Callie's 1st birthday party! These last ten months have been unreal. It seems like every month gets more exciting and more fun, but I miss all the little things that Callie no longer does. She is growing so fast and is such a blessing to our little family!

At 10 months, Callie:
-is crawling everywhere! We officially had to put up all 3 gates to contain her in the living/dining room. For a while, we just had the gate between the living room and kitchen because she didn't venture beyond that point. Now, she's all over the place!
-got her first tooth! Charlie discovered that she had a bottom tooth coming in on February 5th. She hasn't seemed to be in too much pain so I am very thankful!
-decided she only needs one nap for about the last week. :( We are still trying to stay on a two nap schedule, but Callie is pretty persistent when she doesn't want to do something. Her one nap is usually only about an hour or an hour and half, too. Not good. On the other hand, she is as happy as can be, not cranky at all.
-has been sleeping about 10 hours, eating, then goings back down for a few more hours. We'll be trying to get her to sleep 12 hours soon because I am planning on weaning her around her 1st birthday. Every time we get a routine down, it seems like its time to change, but that is just a part of parenthood!
-is cruising and pulling up all over the place. She has even stood on her own for a few seconds, but most of the time, she is too busy reaching for something to stand still any longer than that.
-has a "funny face" where she scrunches up her nose and shows her top gums. It is the funniest, most precious face! I could just eat her up!
-has been eating so much better! She loves eating oatmeal with bananas for breakfast, cheerios, deli turkey and ham, grated cheese, sweet potatoes, green beans, chicken, rice, french fries at restaraunts and avocados and bananas rolled in crushed cheerios (so she can grab them herself). I'm sure I'm forgetting a few things that she has tried, but those are the staples. She will try pretty much anything from someone elses' plate. :)
-is not officially saying her first word, but when she has her babydoll and we say, "Say 'baby'," she says, "baba," most of the time.


"Can you at least give me something to put in my mouth?"

"Now I'll give you a smile!"

She is our little busy bee!

She is still the light of our lives! We love her more and more everyday!

3 comments:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

I can not believe how much Callie has grown! She is absolutely beautiful and she is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen. I wish I could be there to celebrate her 1st birthday with you!!! Remember, you are still invited to D.C. for a visit! :-)

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

P.S. I know her birthday is not for another two months...but that time will fly by!!! My baby girl should be here in 6 weeks! Can you believe it?!

Clint said...

Congratulations on the beautiful baby girl! Looks like the three of you are getting it all figured out. We are about eight months behind you in the learning curve, so we may be giving you a ring for advice. :)