Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Christmas Eve Karaoke

We had our traditional chili dinner at Uncle Lynn and Aunt Tami's house on Christmas Eve.  Only this year, we decided to add a little karaoking.  It was a chilly night, no pun intended, :) but we all went out on the back porch to kick back on some hay bales and enjoy some "good" music.  I will insult no one but myself, but I will say we had some good laughs!  This activity may just have to become another tradition!
Some of the girl cousins
Aunt Tami, Cale, Aunt Sherry & I checking out our options
Bailey, Kristi, Aunt Sherry, Shelby & Grandma were ready for the show to begin!
Bailey and Kristi started the show with their beautiful voices.
I didn't want to stand behind the mic after them!
Cale and Charlie were quite entertaining!
I thought I knew at least some words to some songs before I got up there. 
I held the mic as far from me as possible!
All I'm askin is for a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Yet, I kept getting up there! Never alone, though.

Charlie and Uncle Lynn singin' some Garth.

Ring of Fire
My best song of the night, which is not saying much.
Charlie can hang with the best of the karaoke crowd, though!

Our TERRIBLE rendition of "Johnny and June"

The girls got back up there for another try!

Now, the boys turn.

Callie slept through most of it, but she couldn't miss the whole party.
That face looks like, "This is what I got up for?"

"Thanks for keeping me warm inside, Grandpa!"

0 comments: