Callie turned 9 months on Thursday, January 7th. I knew this month was going to go by fast, and it did! Being in Florida and Texas with family made it fly by! Callie's ninth month was a big one for her. She had a lot of firsts so it has been really fun.
At 9 months, Callie:
-is a string bean! She is 29.5 inches (96%) and weighs 17.6 lbs. (24%). Not good. She needs to start eating!! We'll be working on adding more "good" fat and protein to her diet. Her Dr. told me to start adding cream or olive oil into her food to add some good calories. I wish I had that problem!
-started clapping when you sing pat-a-cake and when you say, "Yay!" and clap.
-sat up on her own while Mommy watched! (12-17-09)
-pulled up on her own while Daddy watched! (12-22-09)
-started crawling in Grandpa and Grandma Johnson's living room a couple days after Christmas. She took a couple steps before reverting back to the more efficient low-crawling. Since then, she has gotten a lot better and has taken more steps, but when she really wants to get somewhere, she still low-crawls.
-has started dancing to the music on her little Fisher Price pull up toy by rocking her body back and forth and nodding her head. It is priceless! I will try to share a video soon.
-has starting pulling up on the side of her crib when she wakes up from her naps. It is the cutest thing, but it makes her seem so old!
-is sleeping better...with a little help from Mom and Dad. We are "letting" her sleep at least 8 hours before I feed her to help her learn to sleep through the night. The last few nights she has been going 10-12 hours between meals. Last night Charlie didn't even have to go in her room to comfort her!
-scrunches her nose and breathes really fast through it. It's really funny and makes the cutest face!
We are still falling more in love with her every day. She is so much fun, and I love watching her little personality develop. I can't believe how close she is to her 1st birthday. The days can be long sometimes, but the months are definitely short!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Our baby is 9 Months Old!
Callie is sitting up like such a big girl in her chair...
....................................
but not for long! There's too much to see and do!
A distraction!
"What do I do now, Mom?"
Posted by Kelsey at 10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Way to grow Callie! This is a great site to visit about growth charts (your dr is likely comparing her to a standard growth chart) and it will make a big difference on a breastfed baby scale.
http://www.kellymom.com/babyconcerns/growth/growthcharts.html
She was so sweet and Im so glad I got to spend a lil time with yall.
Loved the dancing video you texted!
Post a Comment