We had been looking forward to this trip for a loooong time. It's always so good to go home and so hard to leave. We flew out of San Diego on June 3rd for Callie's first plane ride. She did amazingly and even won the "Baby of the Year" award from a man sitting next to us. We were fortunate enough to not be on a full flight so we got to take her car seat on the plane. The altitude didn't seem to bother her ears so we were pleased. I was so glad to have Charlie there for Callie's first flight though.
Our Texas trip is going to have to be broken up into several blogs or I'd never get it done. We flew into Houston and then jumped in the car (Thanks, Mike!!) for Callie's first road trip, down to Harlingen. Once again, she was a champ traveler! We only had to stop once to calm her down and a couple times to eat. In Robstown, we stopped at Cotten's BBQ to have lunch with our friends, Hillary, Tony, and Taylor, who we met while living in Quantico. They now live in Corpus for pilot training so it was great to catch up with them. Unfortunately, I forgot to get my camera out.
Our long weekend in Texas was a major whirlwind. I was lucky enough to stand by one of my best friends and cousin, Katie, as she married Jason. Of course, like any Johnson wedding, we had a blast!
The last time as Miss Johnson & Mr. Mayeaux
We had a yummy Mexican dinner at Los Ebanos after rehearsal.
Me and My Big Sis :)
Sweet picture of Callie with Daddy & Grandma

In a couple years, Callie is going to be tagging along with these two.
Big Buddies
You can thank Uncle Ross for this one. Inappropriate yet hilarious.
Love that face!!
Beautiful Bride
One more memory to add to the thousands we have together
Fun Fact: Kristi was Aunt Tami's flower girl; now, Bailey was Katie's.
too precious for words
very nervously giving my toast
Bailey was the typical flower girl, who wanted to be near Katie all night. Adorable.
Great picture!
And the dancing begins...
Never a dull moment with the Horton's
Callie had a great conversation with Grandpa.
Morning smiles are the best!
Grandma and Aunt Sherry got a lot of smiles and talking from Callie.
It was a very busy weekend but so fun. Aside from the wedding, one of the highlights for me was that Callie slept from 12am to 6:30am the wedding night! She just knew how tired Mommy was and wanted to give me a break. I did freak out a little when I heard her and opened my eyes to the morning light. Amazing! Looking forward to that happening again.

2 comments:
Great pictures! I'm so glad Callie was such a great traveler!
I still just can't get over how cute she is. I miss ya'll already. You have such great pictures from the wedding. I need you to post them on Snapfish so I can order some for the scrapbook...esp the one of Coop at rehearsal dinner....too funny!!
Post a Comment