Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Silly Macie

Macie can be quite dramatic when it comes to her facial expressions.  This sequence of pictures was in about 5 seconds.
 


I could just eat her up!
I have started recording some "Macie Funnies" because she is a little talker and says some pretty funny things.
-One day at nap time, Callie was pouting about not wanting to rest and threw herself on her floor dramatically.  I said something to her about not whining and changing her attitude.  When I went into Macie's room to read her a book, she said, "Callie's in trouble."
-While at the ranch one weekend, we were going to go for a ride in the ranger.  Everyone was loaded up but me, and Macie said, "Hop in, Mommy!"
-Macie is a sweet girl who will often say "I love you, Mommy (Daddy, Callie,...) unprompted which just melts our hearts, but she also says, "I love you, jacket (cup, baby,...) instead of saying "I love my jacket.  She usually is hugging whatever object tight with her eyes closed.  Precious!
-Callie was singing the ABCs and finished with "next time won't you sing with me?" and Macie said very assertively, "No.  I'm not singing."

While I'm at it, I have a couple of stories about Callie.
-Katie and Addie came to visit a month or so ago, and we decided to go for a walk after being in the house most of the day.  Callie was not wanting to go for a walk and said she would stay at home by herself.  I said, "What if you get hurt while we're gone? What if you have to poop and no one is here to wipe you? What if someone knocks on the front door?  What would you do?"
She responded without much thought, "I'd open the door and tell them to wipe me!" 
It made me a little worried that she wouldn't hesitate to open the door and ask them to wipe her booty, but on the other hand, I thought it was pretty clever.
-One day Callie gave Macie something and Macie kept repeating "thank you" after Callie said "you're welcome."  Callie said, "You know, Macie, you don't have to keep saying 'thank you' when someone says 'you're welcome.'  Hmmm...have no idea where she may have heard that before! ;)

0 comments: