Charlie turns 30 on Christmas Eve this year, and I really wanted to throw a big party for him. Well, back in March I did before I was pregnant. I wanted to make his birthday special and didn't want it to be completely overshadowed by Layne's birth and Christmas so I decided to give him a birthday week early in December.
| He was surprised when he came home after work on Monday to the sign, present and brownies. Callie shouted, "Happy Birthday!" when he walked in the door. It was fun to see his reaction. |
| On Tuesday, I made him a "beer cake." It will be a while before he'll be able to finish off this cake with no help around here. |
Some days were bigger than others...
Wednesday I gave him some new boxers. :)
Thursday I emailed him "30 Reasons I'm Glad He Was Born and I Married Him" and a Q&A from Callie about him that was quite amusing.
Q&A about Daddy
By Callie 11/26/12
1.
What is something Daddy always says? “Do the right thing.”
2.
What makes Daddy happy? “not doing bad stuff”
3.
What makes Daddy sad? “doing bad things”
4.
How does Daddy make you laugh? “saying silly things like a green
bean on the road”
5.
What was Daddy like as a child? “playing football”
6.
How old is Daddy? “4”
7.
How tall is Daddy? “8”
8.
What is Daddy’s favorite thing to do?
“play hide-n-seek”
9.
What does Daddy do when you’re not
around? “be in the
kitchen”
10.
What is Daddy really good at? “art”
11.
What is Daddy not very good at? “climbing tours”
12.
What does Daddy do for his job? “eat dinner”
13.
What is Daddy’s favorite food? “hamburger sandwich”
14.
What makes you proud of Daddy? “eating hamburgers”
15.
If Daddy were a cartoon character, who would
he be? “a giant”
16.
What do Daddy and you do together? “play hide-n-seek”
17.
How do you know Daddy loves you? “cause there’s a lego on his head”
18.
Where is Daddy’s favorite place to go? “to work”
Friday I surprised him with a date night for dinner and a movie. He chose the new James Bond, Skyfall, which we both enjoyed.
The grand finale was a 90 minute massage on Saturday morning.
It was a lot of fun celebrating the love of my life for a whole week! I can't imagine my life without him and I'm so grateful that I've known him for almost 10 of his 30 years!

0 comments:
Post a Comment