Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Decor

I never decorate my house extravagantly, but this year I really kept it simple, only decorating the tree, mantel and dining room table.  I was really excited to put up the tree because I bought a lot of ornaments last year after Christmas because we did not have much.  I am happy with all my glittery, sparkly ornaments and love having the tree to stare at while we're realxing on the couch.

This was the only picture I got of the completed tree with the topper and all.
Callie was oblivious of what was going on!

The Nativity scene is special because my mom painted it for Grandma Johnson to add to her huge collection.
Grandma gave most of her Navities to her kids and grandkids to have a couple of years ago.  I have so many great Christmas memories of looking at all of Grandma's Nativities and counting them with my cousins.

I saw a wreath on Pinterest that I loved and wanted to copy.  I put my own spin on it and was happy with how it turned out. It's amazing how trends work...why am I in love with burlap and book pages?!?

Our new burlap stockings are from Very Jane and I added metal initials that Charlie so willingly spraypainted.

Our Winter Tablescape

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the burlap and book pages wreath! The mantle looks gorgeous. You did a great job on everything!

Maldoff Fam said...

Beautiful!