Macie is 1 month old today! I can't believe all that has happened this last month. Macie has lived all but 3 days of her life at Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house. Charlie had to go back to California to finish the check out process for 2 weeks so we stayed in Harlingen while he was gone. It goes without saying, but I don't know how I would have done it without them! Grandma Susie also came to help us for a week, and we really enjoyed having her and all her help! I'm almost embarrassed to say that I have only been by myself with both girls 1 morning and a couple other short periods, but at the same time, I'm soakin' it up and taking advantage of all the help while I have it. :)
Charlie has been awesome and has adjusted well being thrown back into real life after his deployment. He's kept me calm in some of the hairy moments that we have had. I wouldn't want to have these crazy moments with anyone else!
Macie is a sweet baby and is doing great! She has been sleeping a lot better, sleeping 2 1/2 to 4 hour periods at night but has several long wakeful periods during the day. We have already stopped swaddling her, and she seems to like it better. She sleeps in a wedge with a little sleepsack. She uses a pacifier to sooth herself but doesn't usually sleep with it. It's still a toss up whether or not she's going to be a paci girl. We have seen several smiles but have yet to be smiled at. (although Grandma would have a differing opinion :) ) We're hoping to see her smile at us on purpose in the next few weeks!
We are enjoying both of our little girls so much, and even though we miss Grandpa and Grandma a lot, we are so happy to be our little family again!
| The paci helped me get a few happy pictures. :) |
| Love the hood! Thanks, Grammy! |
| She's almost too long for the chair already! |
| Our Little Munchkin |
| Beautiful Girl |
| The Classic Crying Picture |

4 comments:
I MISS YALL!! So much!! But i am thrilled you are blogging! whoohoo! so happy yall are settled and she is sleeping better. :) man that 2nd pic it looks like a mini-kelsey staring back at me! adorable!! cant believe how big she is already. ok so when can i visit!?!?!? hugs n kisses to you all!
I can't believe Macie is already a month old. Time flies. Let me know once ya'll get settled in. I would love to come see ya'll.
Beautiful baby girl! So happy for you.
Great pictures, she definitely has some of her big sisters feature. What a luck girl getting to start her life with all of that love around her. I'll come visit soon.
Post a Comment