One of the best parts of Callie talking more and more is the funny things she is starting to say. It doesn't take much to make me laugh, but Callie cracks me up all the time. I want to share a few recent things she has said so I don't forget.
- The other day Callie was playing with my phone, hanging out with my mom while she was getting ready. Apparently, she was having an urgent conversation with me because she said, "Mommy, Callie needs pips (chips). Callie needs Cheetos." Not wants but needs. :)
- Callie was looking at a little photo album of her birth. When she saw a picture of me, she said, "Kassey" (Kelsey), then said, "Mommy Kassey." I hadn't even realized she knew my first name. It just goes to show that she is absorbing everything she hears these days.
- This next story is one that will have to be stopped because it's not what sweet girls do, but it was funny the first few times she did it. Callie was in her room the other day reading books, and she started to climb into her book basket. My mom told her not to because she might fall and hurt herself. She looked up at Grandma and said, "Leave." I have no idea where she learned to say this because I promise I don't tell her to leave. She can be such a mess sometimes!
- Callie has started calling Macie Macie Jane. This isn't funny. It's just cute. She pronounces it more like Mashie Jane, sometimes just J, but I could just eat her up when she says, "Hi, Mashie Jane!" which she says often. She is a wonderful, sweet big sister!

2 comments:
Kelsey, I miss you so much!!! When I read you could just eat up Callie when she says "Mashie Jane", it made me laugh because I say the same thing about my girls! We are fun moms! I can't believe you have two little girls now!!! I am so happy for you.
I love it! Callie is too, too cute! Such a funny little girl - it's so entertaining to watch their little personalities unfold. And you're right - the funnies just keep on coming as they get older. I keep thinking with Maddie, "How do I possibly record all of these so I'll never forget them?!"
On another note - thanks for checking out our blog! I never thought I'd blog, but it's been such a nice, easy tool for keeping in touch with our families, especially the out-of-towners. And thanks for the link to Kelly's Korner - the more I look at it, the more I love her and Harper!
And thank you also for all the wonderful photos here on your blog, and for the excellent chronicling of Macie's arrival! It has been GREAT to keep up with you guys and hear how everything went. I'd love to get together sometime so you can tell me all about how it is with two! Take care!
Post a Comment