Wednesday, January 12, 2011

21 Months Old

Last Friday, Callie turned 21 months old.  She has had a very big month, and I would say, overall, she has adjusted very well.  This month, her daddy came home after a 7 month deployment, and she became a big sister.  These were both big changes in her life, and although it has affected her, she is doing great.  We have just started hearing, "No," a little bit more.  Mostly it is when she wants me to do something for her when I can't so I'm hoping once I am 100% that that will taper off a little.  We still have one more big change when we move at the end of the month so hopefully she does well with that, too.  I know she is going to have withdrawals from Grandpa and Grandma.  They are going to have just as hard of a time, if not harder, letting her go.  We're going to have to double check her carseat when we pull out of the driveway to make sure they haven't kidnapped her.
At 21 months, Callie:
-is a busy little girl.  She no longer walks but runs everywhere, usually commentating her every move.  "Running! Running!"  She will dramatically fall and say, "Boom! Fall!"
-is talking in 2 or 3 word sentences.
-is a sweet big sister.  She likes to kiss Macie's feet, asks for Macie when she isn't around, and shares her Baby (her lovey) with her by placing it on Macie.
-loves to play outside ("hide").
-likes to be tickled and says, "More tickles" when you stop.
-knows all her letters and many numbers and is learning her colors.
-LOVES milk.  She would drink a gallon a day if we let her.
-is not loving food these days.  She is very lactose tolerant, only wanting to eat cheese, yogurt, and ice cream (thanks to Grandpa!). :)  Sometimes she will surprise us and eat chicken, fruit, or vegetables, though.
-still loves to read books.  Her favorite right now is Baby Einstein's My First Book of Numbers and Where Did Baby Go?

-is a Super Why addict.  She asks about it all day, and we have to ration it out.  I have to admit she has been watching too much of it, and we will be making some changes when we move.
-has grown and filled out a lot since her 18 month dr. appt, but I'm not sure how much.
-says, "No, not" instead of just "no" a lot of the time.  It's pretty funny.


We are so proud of Callie and how she has adjusted to all the changes in her little life!  She is such a sweet, fun, funny girl.  I can't believe my next update will be her 2nd birthday!  She has been such a huge blessing the last 21 months!

1 comments:

Katie said...

Love these pictures of Callie. She is so precious. Her sweater and jeans are adorable.