Sunday, January 2, 2011

Daddy's Home!

December 23rd was a day that I had been waiting for and dreaming about for 7 1/2 months.  I didn't think it was ever going to get here, but our reunion was absolutely perfect!  We were hoping Macie would hold out, and she did.  We were also hoping Callie would remember and take to Charlie quickly, and she did.  We had almost a week before Macie made her debut, and it was wonderful to have that time for all of us to reconnect.  Needless to say, I am thrilled that he is home. 

 I need lipstick in this picture in a major way, but it was kissed off.  Imagine that!
 I had to add a little "Charlie/Kelsey," cheesy humor on the sign so Charlie would appreciate it more. :)
Callie enjoyed the bubbles and balloons that Daddy gave her.


 "Touch bubbles!"
Don't know what happened with the uploading again. :(



We had such a wonderful day!  We spent a few hours with Callie, then Charlie and I went to dinner and spent a couple nights at a hotel in Harlingen.  We were planning on going to the Island but got a little nervous being so far away from the hospital, just in case.  The next day we went back to my parents to spend some more time with Callie.  We took her to the park and to lunch.  It was great to spend some time with our little family.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

YEA! I'm sooo glad Charlie was able to make it home and y'all had some family time before Macie's arrival. Glad all is well!

Carrie & Alex said...

Great pictures, great reunion!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW KELSEY! :)

Clint said...

Welcome Home Charlie!

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

YAY! I love the pictures. I am so glad that Macie has arrived and Charlie is home!!! You are a beautiful family. Happy Birthday sweet friend.
Love,
Lauren

Nicole Hoff said...

::::wiping the tears from my eyes::: so glad you're home charlie & just in time! Love your sign kels!

Natalie said...

Yay! Sounds like a great homecoming!